The upcoming movie Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in the leads, is the new anticipation among the audience. Here are the few reasons why you should watch Gully Boy:
- The trailer of the movie has gained popularity as soon as its release, and the film will hit the theaters on 14th February of this year. Gully Boy which translates to ‘Street Boy’ is about an aspiring rapper from a ghetto in Bombay and his journey from realizing his love for rap, to chasing his dream, and to inadvertently transcending his class.
- The story revolves around the guy name Aftab Sheikh played by Ranveer Singh who dreams about becoming a rapper.
- Alia Bhatt as Sakina Ali against Ranveer plays his girlfriend. Along with the power of main leads, some of us are also waiting to see Kalki Koechlin, and Amazon’s first Indian-American web series Inside Edge fame, Siddhant Chaturvedi. As strong as the main leads-Alia and Ranveer are, the second leads are also known for their success in acting in hit movies and shows respectively.
- The first song released, ‘Apna Time Aayega’ has swept all the place. The lyrics are super powerful, and the writers have tried to absorb Ranveer’s character’s struggle through the song. The vague raps in the song bring the local dialect giving the tinge of Mumbai.
- Ranveer took it to his Instagram and Twiter to announce the release of the song ‘Apna Time Aayega’. Ranveer has also mentioned that he had taken lessons from rappers for this movie. Now Ranveer’s fans are desperately waiting to see his rapping throughout the film.
- Though Alia’s character’s and her importance in the film are vague, yet, as per the trailer Alia’s character, Sakina Ali shows a strong personality who supports the male protagonist, Aftab Sheikh throughout his difficult journey. It always seems like a long wait to see Alia portraying a new character in her film as we cannot get enough of her.
The movie is a must watch because it showcases the strong persona of characters who are desperately trying to achieve their dreams despite the difficult times. The film is based on “rapping”, a plot that hasn’t been adopted by many directors and writers. Zoya Akhtar has always worked on movies which a powerful woman character and her refinement through thick and thin and Sakina’s nature is quite anticipated. While we are getting entertained by Ranveer’s character, we are waiting to get moved by other characters in the film.